- Modeling – Over six years of modeling assets from photo and concept reference.
- Texturing – Over six years of creating textures by photo manipulation, digital painting, and baking.
- UV Mapping – Over six years of UV mapping high and low polygon objects.
- Game Engine Asset Pipeline – Experience creating, importing, and testing assets for the Unity3D engine.
- Digital Sculpting – High polygon sculpts for 3D print, high resolution images, and normal mapping.
- Character Rigging – Over five years of rigging and weighting mechanical systems and characters.
- Animation – Over three years experience creating accurate mechanical and character animations.
- Experience with the following software packages:
|3D Studio Max||Unity3D||Topogun||Substance Painter||After Effects||Maya|
|Photoshop||Zbrush||xNormal||Substance Designer||Premiere||Quixel Suite|
Multimedia Developer, Pixelyard Inc., Bedford NS, May 2012 - Present
- Modeled and textured complex mechanical systems and environments from photographs and schematics.
- Worked with developers directly in creating, maintaining and documenting a stable pipeline.
- Created real-time animations based on scripts to demonstrate mechanical systems and practical theories.
- Created complex interactive exercises using Unity3D and proprietary software.
3D Artist, bitHeads Inc. - Playbrains, Ottawa, ON, February 2011 – September 2011
- Shipped title: World Gone Sour - PC | PSN | XBLA
- Modeled props and characters for use in Gamebryo Engine.
- Textured multiple props and other objects according to engine specifications.
- Rigged various characters in 3DS Max for use by the animation team.
- Troubleshoot asset related bugs as they would arise.
Freelance 3D Generalist, Longtail Studios, Halifax, NS, November 2010
- Modeled environments and assets to be used in software pitch animatic.
- Textured character models.
- Created UI elements to emphasize player action.
3D Artist, Army Learning and Support Centre, Department of National Defense, Oromocto, NB, 2009 – 2010
- Modeled, UV mapped, and textured character, vehicle, and prop models.
- Rigged and weighted 3D characters for animation in 3DS Max.
- Worked with clients one on one to produce quality products in a timely fashion.
Artist, M5: Weapons of War, Discovery Channel HD, Truro, NS, 2009
- Created, rigged, and animated character scenes for use in production.
- Created concept art pieces for production.
Class Instructor, Digital Animation Camp, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2006
- Supervised and instructed students from ages 10-16.
Online Master Classes 2011, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, December 2011
Department of National Defense Internship
Advanced Diploma in Applied Arts, New Brunswick Community College, Oromocto, NB, 2009 – 2010
Interactive and Motion Graphics Program, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2007 – 2009
Digital Animation Program, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2005 – 2007
- Created small, useful tools for 3DS Max and Photoshop to make certain tasks more efficient, both in personal work, and professional pipelines.
- Animediafest, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2015 & 2011
- Ottawa International Game Conference, Ottawa, ON, 2012
- Montréal International Games Summit, Montréal, QC, 2010
- Built, repaired, and upgraded my own personal computer systems for over a decade.
- Familiar with many different software packages, and enjoy learning new and better packages as they are developed.
Character Specialist Award, Army Learning and Support Centre, Oromocto, NB, 2010
- 'In recognition of excellent character modeling and rigging work during the 2009/2010 AAAD Internship program'
Guest Speaker, Animediafest, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2015 & 2011
- Provided a presentation on game industry related techniques.
- Spoke to students on an Industry Panel about my experiences.
Instructor, New Media Arts Days, Nova Scotia Community College, Truro, NS, 2007
- Produced lesson plan for the basics of computer animation in Maya, & instructed high school level students.
Class Instructor, Viewfinders, Bayers Lake, NS, 2007
- Provided technical support for session setup.
- Produced lesson plan for the basics of polygon modeling in Maya, & instructed high school level students.